Sunday, February 7, 2010

Greening Graduation


As this weekend is Parents' Weekend, Jostens set up cap and gown pick-up/purchase in the bookstore, and I was pleasantly surprised/intrigued to see Jostens injecting some environmental responsibility into their messaging.

Here are the points presented:
1) Fiber from renewable, managed forests
2) Fabric proven to decompose in soil
3) Eco-Zip coil zipper
4) Earth-friendly plastic gown packaging
5) Student give-back program



What makes a zipper eco-friendly? Apparently, it is made with 100% recycled PET plastic.

I think it is cool that the fabric will decompose, but I am not planning to test that out.

However, what I would recommend testing out is the Student give-back program. I still have my gown from Commencement, but if you are buying a new one, go to the Jostens website. Fill in the code from the hang tag, and Jostens will donate $1 to the Green Belt Movement or the Nature Conservancy.

(Note: The attached photo is the graph of aforementioned donations--currently at $121.)

No comments:

Post a Comment