Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ethical Eating in DC: True Food and Drink


After recovering from watching Food, Inc., I was invited to lunch at Founding Farmers, a restaurant in GW territory, located at 1924 Pennsylvania Avenue.

It is a Green Certified Restaurant, certified LEED Gold, and serves food from local farms - and grass-fed beef. It's probably a bit pricey for the college student, but their food is amazing. Don't let the farming theme throw you off - they have a pretty extensive menu. To start off, our table shared deviled eggs and fried green tomatoes. I had crab cakes with mashed potatoes and garlic bok choy, and a delicious cranberry-cucumber drink (not lying!). We finished our meal with red velvet cake - which was amazing. They have a lot of other food, as well. My friend had oysters, while my co-worker had a hamburger. Not that I would know, but apparently they also have amazing absinthe mixed drinks...

If you have the chance, I definitely recommend that you visit - and bring your appetite.

1 comment:

  1. !!! I was going to go there with my family tomorrow, but they were already booked, so we are going to the Peacock Cafe in Foggy Bottom instead.

    ReplyDelete